from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who conveys news or information.
- n. A secret agent, an informer, or a spy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bringer of intelligence (news, information); a spy or informant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, sends or conveys intelligence or news; a messenger.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which sends or conveys intelligence; one who or that which gives notice of private or distant transactions; a messenger or spy.
intelligence + -er (Wiktionary)