from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To marry a member of another group.
- intransitive v. To be bound together by the marriages of members.
- intransitive v. To marry within one's family, tribe, or clan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To marry a member of another group, social stratum, or religion.
- v. To marry within the same ethnic, social, or family group.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To become connected by marriage between their members; to give and take mutually in marriage; -- said of families, ranks, races, castes, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become connected by marriage, as two families, clans, classes, or tribes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. marry within the same ethnic, social, or family group
Sorry, no etymologies found.