from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Between the maxillae.
- n. An intermaxilla or premaxilla.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Between the maxillary bones.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the intermaxillæ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated between the maxillary or upper jaw-bones: specifically applied to the intermaxilla or premaxilla.
- n. The intermaxilla or premaxilla; one of a pair of bones of the upper jaw, situated between or rather in front of the maxillary bones, and in relation with its fellow of the opposite side.
- n. One of the foremost pair of the upper jawbones in most teleostean fishes, once generally supposed to be homologous with the intermaxillary of the higher vertebrates.
- n. The intermaxillary lobe of an insect. See I.
inter- + maxillary (Wiktionary)