from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A line of constant stress.
- n. A state of equilibrium between two forces.
- adj. Of or pertaining to isostasy or isostatics
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Subjected to equal pressure from every side; being in hydrostatic equilibrium, as a body submerged in a liquid at rest; pertaining to, or characterized by, isostasy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In hydrostatic equilibrium from equality of pressure.
- Related to or produced in accordance with isostasy.
Sorry, no etymologies found.