Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In logging, an improved form of gin, mounted on a movable framework and used to load logs on sleds and cars by horse-power.
- n. Any device used to jam radio reception.
- n. A form of swimwear used by athletes.
- n. A device (e.g. a jumar) which will slide along a rope in one direction but not the other, used in rock-climbing, caving etc.
- n. A player in who attempts to score points by making their way past other players.
- n. a transmitter used to broadcast electronic jamming
“Gonna quit this whammy-jammer is what I'm gonna do!”
“One player from each team-the "jammer" - tries to lap the track and push through the pack of other rollergirls, scoring points along the way.”
“All characters are over the top, with each having a dance style and a jammer, which is basically a special move that can be used to damage opponents.”
“jammer" - usually their fastest player - around the track ahead of opposition players.”
“How does title = "jammer" cell phone phone jammer came into existence?”
“This song is the quintessential 80's song, and its a real "jammer" with excellent guitars, fantastic percussion, and vocals that just knock your socks off.”
“Lochte touched in 1: 45.30 wearing a waist-to-knee "jammer" textile suit that was mandated earlier in the year.”
“Mosul and Baquba areas of Iraq, which he attributed to the use of 'jammer' devices by security forces.”
“Phone tapping and bugging scandals caused booming sales of GSM "jammer" device that jams GSM radio signals.”
“Life on the farm is experienced through a host of different activities with our gardeners, cheese makers, bakers, chefs, 'jammer', butcher or forager," Beall says.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘jammer’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words I stumbled across.
Looking for tweets for jammer.