from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a hackney coach driver
- n. the driver of a jaunting car.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The driver of a hackney coach.
- n. A hackney coach.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The driver of a hackney-coach.
- n. A hackney-coach.
- To drive along, like a hackney-coachman or jarvey.
Two origins are known, although there is no solid evidence for either. (Wiktionary)