from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal Brewed coffee.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blend of coffee imported from the island of Java.
- n. Coffee in general.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the islands of the Malay Archipelago belonging to the Netherlands.
- n. Java coffee, a kind of coffee brought from Java.
- n. an object-oriented computer programming language, derived largely from
C++, used widely for design and display of web pages on the world-wide web. It is an interpreted language, and has been suggested as a platform-independent code to allow execution of the same progam under multiple operating systems without recompiling. The language is still (1997) under active development, and is evolving.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A breed of the domestic hen, originated in the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a platform-independent object-oriented programming language
- n. an island in Indonesia to the south of Borneo; one of the world's most densely populated regions
- n. a beverage consisting of an infusion of ground coffee beans
After Java 1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Java, an island on and near which a particular blend of coffee is made. The US use of the term to refer to any coffee originated in San Francisco, an early center of the US coffee trade. (Wiktionary)