from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A design or pattern of interlocking or overlapping geometric shapes resembling a knot
- n. Work involving the tying of knots.
- n. An object composed of or using knots.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ornamental arrangement of cords knotted together, as in some kinds of fringe, in the cordons of a cardinal's hat, or represented in carving, painting, etc.
- n. A kind of fancy-work made of thread, yarn, etc., by tying knots. It is usually finished with a crocheted edge.
Sorry, no etymologies found.