from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Used with Your, Her, or Their as a title and form of address for a woman or women holding the rank of lady.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Term of respect for a woman of the peerage without using her title.
- n. Formal form of address for a lady judge (as opposed to the informal "judge")
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The rank or position of a lady; -- given as a title (preceded by her or your).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition or rank of a lady.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a title used to address any peeress except a duchess
Sorry, no etymologies found.