from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of leather leaf.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a low shrub (Cassandra calyculata), growing in Northern swamps, and having evergreen, coriaceous, scurfy leaves.
- n. A stiff leathery-leaved fern (Polypodium scouleri) of Western North America having ovate fronds parted to the midrib.
- n. A northern temperate bog shrub (Chamaedaphne calyculata) with evergreen leathery leaves and small white cylindrical flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See Cassandra.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. north temperate bog shrub with evergreen leathery leaves and small white cylindrical flowers
- n. stiff leathery-leaved fern of western North America having ovate fronds parted to the midrib
Sorry, no etymologies found.