from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A leg covering usually extending from the ankle to the knee and often made of material such as leather or canvas, worn especially by soldiers and workers.
- n. Tight-fitting knit trousers, usually worn by women and children.
- n. Warm outerwear trousers for children.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A covering, usually of leather, worn from knee to ankle.
- n. Tight fitting leg coverings worn, for example, to gym.
- n. One of the legs of a pair of trousers.
- n. The process of putting a series of three or more options strikes into the stock market.
- v. Present participle of leg.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cover for the leg, like a long gaiter.
- a. & vb. n., from leg, v. t.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An outer and extra covering for the leg, usually for cold weather or rough traveling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a garment covering the leg (usually extending from the knee to the ankle)
leg + -ing (Wiktionary)