from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A leg covering usually extending from the ankle to the knee and often made of material such as leather or canvas, worn especially by soldiers and workers.
- n. Tight-fitting knit trousers, usually worn by women and children.
- n. Warm outerwear trousers for children.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A covering, usually of leather, worn from knee to ankle.
- n. Tight fitting leg coverings worn, for example, to gym.
- n. One of the legs of a pair of trousers.
- n. The process of putting a series of three or more options strikes into the stock market.
- v. Present participle of leg.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & vb. n., from leg, v. t.
- n. A cover for the leg, like a long gaiter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An outer and extra covering for the leg, usually for cold weather or rough traveling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a garment covering the leg (usually extending from the knee to the ankle)
The legging is a decent alternative for some women.
They joined again, but Armstrong, having his doubts, resorted to foul play -- kicking or "legging," as the localism stands.
I hadn't a rap in my pockets, but it was very near a 'legging' for me.
"During your first 'legging' I suppose you had been among the boys at the Isle of Wight?"
"legging" Harecastle Tunnel, which is more than a mile and a half long, the men were usually completely exhausted, and as wet from perspiration as if they had been dragged through the canal itself.
d. was doing this process and some kind of legging behind.
Mine is a legging--it used to be a jean when I was younger--but a legging and a t-shirt.
On the other hand, the likes of Altera, Vicor, Analog Devices, Linear Tech and Texas Instruments bucked most of the group-wide sell-off and are either back to earlier-year levels or legging out multi-year highs.
If she doesn't catch on soon, she could end up legging it out of there tonight.
There couldmcertainly be several defined contracts, and one could trade a combination, much like legging a spread today, but that would never accomodate the huge diversity in contracts we seetoday.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.