from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. adult linkboy; one bearing a torch or light
- n. Player who uses speed and dexterity to keep an attacking team's downfield progress fluid.
- n. A man who acts as a link or connection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man employed to carry a link or torch to light passengers. See linkboy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (formerly) an attendant hired to carry a torch for pedestrians in dark streets
link 'torch, light' + man 'servant' (Wiktionary)