from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Farsighted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. hyperopic; farsighted
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Able to see objects at a great distance; hence, having great foresight; sagacious; farseeing.
- adj. Able to see objects distinctly at a distance, but not close at hand; hypermetropic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Able to see objects at a great distance; hence, having foresight; of acute intellect; sagacious; far-seeing.
- Able to see objects distinctly at a distance, but not close at hand; presbyopic or hypermetropic; far-sighted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. planning prudently for the future
- adj. capable of seeing to a great distance
Sorry, no etymologies found.