from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Mediterranean plant (Nigella damascena) having blue or whitish flowers surrounded by numerous threadlike bracts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Nigella damascena, an annual flowering plant of the genus Nigella, the blooms of which are generally blue in colour, though also found in shades of pink, white or pale purple.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The West Indian Passiflora fœtida, which has similar bracts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fennel-flower, Nigella damascena. Also called devil-in-a-bush.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. European garden plant having finely cut leaves and white or pale blue flowers
- n. tropical American passion flower with finely dissected bracts; stems malodorous when crushed
- n. chickweed with hairy silver-grey leaves and rather large white flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.