from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that magnifies, especially a magnifying glass.
- n. A system of optical components that magnifies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which magnifies.
- n. A magnifying glass.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, magnifies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which magnifies or enlarges.
- n. Specifically, an optical instrument that magnifies; a convex lens, a concave mirror, or a combination of lenses or mirrors, which increases the apparent magnitude of bodies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a scientific instrument that magnifies an image
to magnify + -er (Wiktionary)