from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A single lobe of an insect's maxilla.
- n. The grinding surface of an insect's mandible.
- n. Plural form of malum.
- n. A bead or a set of beads commonly used by Hindus and Buddhists for keeping count while reciting, chanting, or mentally repeating a mantra or the name or names of a deity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. Evils; wrongs; offenses against right and law.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Plural of malum.
- n. A sclerite in the mouth-parts of certain Myriapoda, the third joint of the mandible, supporting the sclerites which homologize with the galea and lacinia of an insect's maxilla.
Latin mala ("jaw, cheek") (Wiktionary)
see malum. (Wiktionary)
From Sanskrit माला (mālā, "wreath, garland, crown"). (Wiktionary)