from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dance of Latin American origin, resembling the rumba.
- n. The syncopated music for this dance in 4/4 time.
- intransitive v. To perform this dance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Latin-American musical genre originating from Cuba in the 1940s.
- n. A fast-paced Latin American dance inspired by mambo music.
- v. To perform this dance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dance a mambo
- n. a Latin American dance similar in rhythm to the rumba
American Spanish, from mamboo, wooden cane, percussion instrument.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Cuban Spanish, from Kongo mambo ("conversation with the Gods"). (Wiktionary)