from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a metacenter.
- adj. Genetics Having the centromere in the median position so that the arms are of equal length. Used of a chromosome.
- n. A metacentric chromosome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a metacenter
- adj. (of a chromosome) Having the centromere approximately in the middle, such that the two arms are of similar length
- n. A metacentric chromosome
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the metacenter.
- In biology, pertaining to a new center around which new diverging modifications are produced.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having two equal arms because of the median position of the centromere
- adj. of or relating to the metacenter
Sorry, no etymologies found.