from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pond formed by a milldam.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pond or reservoir produced by damming a river or stream in order to provide a steady source of water for a millrace
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a pond that supplies the water for a mill.
- n. a pond formed by damming a stream to provide a head of water to turn a mill wheel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pond or reservoir of water for use in driving a mill-wheel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pond formed by damming a stream to provide a head of water to turn a mill wheel
Sorry, no etymologies found.