from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cranky complaining person.
- n. A fit of ill temper. Often used in the plural with the.
- intransitive v. To mutter complaints.
- intransitive v. To behave in a grumpy manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a habitually grumpy or complaining person
- v. to complain
- v. to be grumpy
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bad-tempered person
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)