from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A divestiture by a corporation of a division or subsidiary by issuing to stockholders shares in a new company set up to continue the operations of the division or subsidiary.
- n. The new company formed by such a divestiture.
- n. Something, such as a product, that is derived from something larger and more or less unrelated; a byproduct.
- n. Something derived from an earlier work, such as a television show starring a character who had a popular minor role in another show.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of spin-off.
Sorry, no etymologies found.