from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A former currency of Portugal.
- n. A former currency of Brazil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Portuguese money of account rated in the treasury department of the United States at one dollar and eight cents; also, a Brazilian money of account rated at fifty-four cents and six mills (1913).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Portuguese unit of money, equivalent to 1,000 reis, and worth about $1.08.
- n. A Brazilian unit of money, equal to about 55 United State cents.
Portuguese mil reis, i. e., one thousand reis; mil a thousand + reis, plural of real a rei. (Wiktionary)