from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal Infectious mononucleosis.
- adj. Informal Monaural; monophonic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Short name for the disease mononucleosis
- n. (UK, Australia) A bicycle or motorcycle trick where the front wheel is lifted off the ground while riding
- adj. abbreviation for monaural or monophonic; having only a single audio channel
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The black howler (Mycetes villosus), a monkey of Central America.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The black howler or howling monkey, Mycetes villosus.
- n. A prefix in many words of Greek origin or formation, meaning ‘single,’ ‘one.’
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an acute disease characterized by fever and swollen lymph nodes and an abnormal increase of mononuclear leucocytes or monocytes in the bloodstream; not highly contagious; some believe it can be transmitted by kissing
- adj. designating sound transmission or recording or reproduction over a single channel
Short for monophonic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Shortening of mononucleosis (Wiktionary)
Probably from the prefix mono- meaning “one, single” (Wiktionary)
Shortening of monophonic (Wiktionary)