from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Slang Variant of hip2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. aware, up-to-date
- adj. cool, hip
- abbr. Short form of hepatitis.
- High-energy physics.
- n. A hip of a rose; a rosehip.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See hip, the fruit of the dog-rose.
- adj. Same as hip, a., but older and now less frequently used.
- interj. A call used by drill instructors to count cadence during marching; used identically to hut and hup.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See hip.
- n. An obsolete form of heap.
- A quick explosive utterance, leading to a sonorous outburst, urging men or horses to more rapid action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. informed about the latest trends
US underworld slang of Unknown origin, first recorded 1908. (Wiktionary)
Alteration of hip (Wiktionary)