from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of mortise.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of mortise.
- v. Alternative spelling of mortise.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See mortise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cut a hole for a tenon in
- n. a square hole made to receive a tenon and so to form a joint
- v. join by a tenon and mortise
Sorry, no etymologies found.