from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fine sheer fabric resembling muslin, originally made in Mosul, Iraq.
- n. A hollandaise sauce to which whipped cream has been added.
- n. An aspic containing whipped cream.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a very fine, semi opaque fabric similar to muslin, typically made of silk, wool or cotton.
- n. a soft, light sweet or savoury mousse.
- n. hollandaise sauce that has been made frothy with whipped cream or egg white, served mainly with fish or asparagus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Muslin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A very thin glass used for claret-glasses, etc.
French; see muslin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowed from French (Wiktionary)