American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A member of a class of 14th-century Japanese mercenary agents who were trained in the martial arts and hired for covert operations such as assassination and sabotage.
- n. martial arts, historical A person trained primarily in stealth, espionage, assassination and the Japanese martial art of ninjutsu.
- n. A Mongolian amateurish private miner (mainly for gold); after the shape of the plastic bowls used to wash metal ore with mercury, roughly resembling one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- n. slang Juggalo version of the epithet "nigga".
- v. To act in the manner of a ninja, especially in the areas of speed and power.
- v. gaming, slang To claim an item in a game by abusing game mechanics, often despite having no real need for the item or ability to use it.
- v. Internet, slang To post a response on a message board immediately before someone else unknowingly posts a response saying the same thing.
- n. a class of 14th century Japanese who were trained in martial arts and were hired for espionage and assassinations
- n. a member of the ninja who were trained in martial arts and hired for espionage or sabotage or assassinations; a person skilled in ninjutsu
- From Japanese 忍者 (ninja). (Wiktionary)
- Japanese : nin, to endure + ja, person (from Middle Chinese tšiaʔ). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“: Well, I decided to start installing win7 RC so yeah .. tok3n ninja; is behind you”
“Me being lazy, I can now fix that. tok3n ninja; is behind you”
“For the love of God, PLEASE turn off automatic reboot after system failure MS! tok3n ninja; is behind you tok3n ninja; is behind you”
“Fucking crappy video drivers from Nvidia's and Ati have effected me on both OS's though Intel isn't off the hook really ether with their noted huge performance regressions with Ubuntu 9.04! tok3n ninja; is behind you”
“And this was on Vista aaziz tok3n ninja; is behind you”
“For using the name "unobtainium," Cameron is being sued by ninja from the guys who made The Core, but I hear their wire-fu isn't too good either.”
“Sadly, all three of those guys downstairs then activated in ninja mode.”
“The ninja is usually synonymous with invisibility.”
“Here's another version of cyborg ninja from the Metal Gear series by the French paper modeler phh29.”
“Because I was from the United Kingdom they thought the word ninja was a little too mean for children, so they decided to call it hero instead.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ninja’.
as a youth I, and some others, made a pen-and-paper RPG, based in contemporary crime and suspense fiction + nonfiction, set in America's blighted urban centers, anonymous slurbs, and godforsaken hi...
Loved for their ingenuity, an exact description, or simply for the pure joy of it.
A jumble of words, sometimes contradictory, that add up to me. I'll probably be adding to this list for some time, because I'm a very complex individual. ;P
My big word list.
This is a list of my favourite words (phrases) in english, as a second language. I love them mostly because of how they sound and their meaning.
Words I like mostly because of the way they sound and feel.
words associated with Japanese culture.
Just what it sounds like. My favorites. Five letters.
No rhyme or reason other than that I like the names. :-) For more flower fun, see these lists:
Rose words by mollusque
Rose varieties by mollusque
Tulip Names II: You Know ...
Looking for tweets for ninja.