from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not exempt.
- adj. Subject to taxation; not within any category of income to which taxes are not applied.
- n. One who is not exempt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not exempt; subject to (some specified) rule. Opposite of
- adj. Not exempt from the provisions of the fair labor practises act; -- a term applied mostly to persons who are hourly employees, who are required by law to be treated in certain ways. Many salaried and management personnnel are not covered by the law and are therefore
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of goods or funds) subject to taxation
- adj. (of persons) not exempt from an obligation or liability
Sorry, no etymologies found.