from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be rated, estimated, or appraised: ratable income.
- adj. Proportional.
- adj. Chiefly British Liable to assessment; taxable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be evaluated with a rating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being rated, or set at a certain value.
- adj. Liable to, or subjected by law to, taxation.
- adj. Made at a proportionate rate.
- n. a structure which may be rated, or set at a certain value, for the purpose of taxation, usually based on the value.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being rated, or set at a certain value.
- Reckoned according to a certain rate; proportional.
- Liable or subjected by law to be rated or assessed for taxation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. liable to payment of locally assessed property taxes
Sorry, no etymologies found.