from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That cannot be renewed: a nonrenewable license.
- adj. Of or relating to an energy source, such as oil or natural gas, or a natural resource, such as a metallic ore, that is not replaceable after it has been used.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not able to be renewed; incapable of renewal.
- adj. With respect to a resource, unsustainable; not able to be regrown or renewed; not having an ongoing or continuous source of supply; finite.
- n. A resource that is not renewable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That can not be renewed. Opposite of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. that can not be renewed
Sorry, no etymologies found.