from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wooden bar, or iron pin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant of Normandy, a duchy and later a province of northern France bordering on the English Channel; a member of that branch of the Northmen or Scandinavians who in the beginning of the tenth century settled in northern France and founded the duchy of Normandy.
- n. Same as Norman French (which see, below).
- Of or pertaining to Normandy or the Normans.
- n. Nautical: A short, heavy iron pin put into a hole in the windlass or bitts, to keep the chaincable in place while veering.
- n. A pin through the rudder-head.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States operatic soprano (born in 1945)
- n. an inhabitant of Normandy
- n. Australian golfer (born in 1955)
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Normandy
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the Normans
Sorry, no etymologies found.