from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A storm or gale blowing from the northeast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of nor'easter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A storm, strong wind, or gale, coming from the northeast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wind or gale from the northeast.
- n. The silver shilling or sixpence of New England in the reign of Charles I.: so called from their having the letters N. E. (meaning ‘New England,’ but assumed to mean ‘northeast’) impressed on one of their faces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a storm blowing from the northeast
Sorry, no etymologies found.