from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Power, especially electricity, the source of which is nuclear fission or fusion.
- n. A nation or group possessing nuclear weapons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Power, especially electrical power, obtained using nuclear fission or nuclear fusion
- n. A nation that possesses nuclear weapons
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Power derived from nuclear reactions; -- used at present especially of electrical power generated in atomic reactors, but encompassing also fusion power.
- n. A country possessing nuclear weapons.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. nuclear energy regarded as a source of electricity for the power grid (for civilian use)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.