from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A computer that is able to perform complex, lengthy calculations.
- n. Slang A person who performs numerous calculations, especially an accountant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An accountant or other person who deals with the calculation of numbers as a profession.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a computer capable of performing a large number of mathematical operations per second
- n. someone able to perform complex and lengthy calculations
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.