from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who estimates, especially one who estimates costs
- n. A function of a random sample of a population used to estimate some parameter of the whole population
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who estimates or values; a valuer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who estimates or judges.
- n. A weighing-scale adapted to the estimating of the quantity of material in a gross (or other number) of articles by weighing a single article.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an expert at calculation (or at operating calculating machines)
Sorry, no etymologies found.