from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The outer sole of a shoe or boot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The underside of a shoe, which makes contact with the floor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The outside sole of a boot or shoe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The outer sole of a boot or shoe, which bears upon the ground when in use. Between the in-sole and the out-sole the margin of the upper is fitted and attached to both these soles by stitching or pegging.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the outer sole of a shoe or boot that is the bottom of the shoe and makes contact with the ground
Sorry, no etymologies found.