American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children.
- n. a person who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children.
- n. In American psychiatry, a person attracted primarily to prepubescent children.(DSM-IV: Over a period of at least six months, recurrent, intense, sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A person who has pedophilia.
- n. an adult who is sexually attracted to children
- From pedo- + -phile, after Ancient Greek παιδόφιλος (paidophilos) (from παῖς (pais, "boy, child") and φιλέω (phileō, "I love")). (Wiktionary)
“The issue is so fraught, she said, that even basic the terms used are very much in dispute - starting with the term pedophile itself.”
“In contrast to the generally accepted medical definition, the term pedophile is also used colloquially to denote significantly older adults who are sexually attracted to adolescents below the local age of consent”
“In contrast to the generally accepted medical definition, the term pedophile is also used colloquially to denote significantly older adults who are sexually attracted to adolescents below the local age of consent, as well as those who have sexually abused a child.”
“: I simply must point out that the term pedophile is not the appropriate one.”
“By definition, a pedophile is an adult that performs sexual acts on or with children.”
“And I know a Harvard professor out there was opening, openly lobbying for people not to give any money for the church unless they were assured it wasn't going to pay for what she called pedophile priests.”
“It's a sad comment on how this country regards the welfare of children that our lawmakers would choose to honor a pedophile from the floor of the House.”
“I was shocked when Amanda changed the lyrics of the opening tune, "Missed Me", a song about a pedophile from the child victim's point of view.”
“For these people, pedophile is a sexual orientation, in the same way that heterosexual or homosexual is a sexual orientation.”
“We almost didn ` t have the word pedophile then, you know.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pedophile’.
The worst of the bunch, bring um on
lover of the specified person or thing
Daily Vocab List
of or relating to a child or children
Words that are the basis for ridicule, misunderstanding, and shunning.
Looking for tweets for pedophile.