from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of pencil.
- n. Alternative spelling of pencilling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The work of the pencil or bruch.
- n. Lines of white or black paint drawn along a mortar joint in a brick wall.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Marks made with a pencil, or as if with a pencil; marking in delicate lines, as that of certain flowers, or that on the feathers of some birds; specifically, with reference to the females of some varieties of the domestic hen, as the plumage of the partridge cochin and the dark brahma, a distinct and beautiful marking of the separate feathers in concentric lines.
Sorry, no etymologies found.