American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A thin metal cap containing an explosive substance, such as fulminate of mercury, that explodes on being struck.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small copper cap or cup containing fulminating powder, used in a percussion-lock to explode gunpowder.
- n. a metal cap found on muzzleloading firearms that contains chemical substances such as fulminate that explode upon impact
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a small copper cap or cup, containing fulminating powder, and used with a percussion lock to explode gunpowder.
- n. a detonator that explodes when struck
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘percussion cap’.
Phrases or words that are not mononyms (being hyphenated or two or more words), that contain all the vowels once, "y" optional. For phrases with some or all of the words capitalized see Panvocalic ...
did a number on, computer graphics, consenting adult, personality cult, fountain pen, main course, majority rule, shuttle diplomacy, trailer court, wave function, watering trough, zygomatic muscle and 407 more...
Looking for tweets for percussion cap.