from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of pixie.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An old English name for a fairy; an elf.
- n. A low creeping evergreen plant (Pyxidanthera barbulata), with mosslike leaves and little white blossoms, found in New Jersey and southward, where it flowers in earliest spring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fairy: so called in rural parts of England, and associated with the “fairy rings” of old pastures, in which they are suppoed to dance by moonlight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. creeping evergreen shrub having narrow overlapping leaves and early white star-shaped flowers; of the pine barrens of New Jersey and the Carolinas
- n. (folklore) fairies that are somewhat mischievous
Sorry, no etymologies found.