American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A card marked with its rank and suit and belonging to any of several decks used in playing various games.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a pack of cards used for playing games; especially, one of a set composed of fifty-two cards, of four suits—diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs.
- n. One of usually 52 rectangular pieces of card used to play numerous games, featuring either one to 10 pips or a picture and belonging of one of four suits.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. cards used in playing games; specifically, the cards cards used playing which and other games of chance, and having each pack divided onto four kinds or suits called hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades. The full or whist pack contains fifty-two cards.
- n. one of a pack of cards that are used to play card games
“I could let the playing card drop to the floor between me and Alex Cain.”
‘playing card’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for playing card.