from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an ax having both a blade and a hammer face; used to slaughter cattle
- n. a long-handled battle-ax, being a combination of ax, hammer and pike
- v. to fell someone with, or as if with, a poleaxe
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fell with or as if with a poleax
- n. an ax used to slaughter cattle; has a hammer opposite the blade
- n. a battle ax used in the Middle Ages; a long handled ax and a pick
Sorry, no etymologies found.