from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Poland.
- n. A kind of sausage made of meat that has been only partly cooked.
- n. the polonaise.
- n. Alternative form of palone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of sausage made of meat partly cooked.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of high-dried sausage made of partly cooked pork.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. another name for Bologna sausage
From obsolete English Polony ("Poland"), from Latin Polonia (Wiktionary)
A corruption of Bologna, possibly influenced by polony. (Wiktionary)
Shortening of polonaise. (Wiktionary)
Variant forms. (Wiktionary)