from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Epipremnum aureum, a vine widely cultivated as a houseplant, once classified in the genus Pothos.
- n. Pothos, a genus of plants consisting of subtropical and tropical, climbing, flowering vines, indigenous to the environs of the Indian Ocean and western Pacific Ocean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of plants, of the order Araceæ, type of the tribe Pothoideæ, characterized by an ovary with three cells, each with one ovule, a large embryo without albumen, and a spathe enlarging after flowering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various tropical lianas of the genus Scindapsus
- n. evergreen liana widely cultivated for its variegated foliage
Sorry, no etymologies found.