from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a short time; soon: She will arrive presently.
- adv. Usage Problem At this time or period; now: He is presently staying with us.
- adv. Archaic At once; immediately.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. With actual presence; in actuality.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. At present; at this time; now.
- adv. At once; without delay; forthwith; also, less definitely, soon; shortly; before long; after a little while; by and by.
- adv. With actual presence; actually .
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In presence; personally; actually.
- At present; now; at the time spoken of.
- Immediately; by and by; in a little time; soon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in the near future
- adv. at this time or period; now
From present + -ly. (Wiktionary)