from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of prop.
- n. "proper respect" or "proper recognition" for another person; an expression of approval or a special acknowledgment; accolade or accolades; praise.
- n. A game of chance using four seashells (each called a prop).
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of prop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. A game of chance, in which four sea shells, each called a prop, are used instead of dice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A gambling game in vogue about 1850–60, especially in Boston.
- The shells used in this game.
- n. The property-man of a theater.
- n. plural The stage-wardrobe of an actor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. proper respect
Sorry, no etymologies found.
“If I were to use the word props in a sentence,” I said as if testing them, “what would you take it to mean?”
Trying to figure out why the old-timers in internet audio are not getting their props is asking the wrong question.
Over a dozen props from the movie Moon are on sale at eBay.
For England, Vickery's departure denies Martin Johnson an experienced back-up going into the autumn international series next month but the reservoir of English props is much fuller now than it was ayear ago.
This week the construction sector was found to be one of the main props holding up the UK's growth in national income.
An online catalog contains a bevy of BSG items and props from the set.
Anyhow, I give the Clinton Admin props for leaving office with a surplus.
And Michael gushing over getting props from a Beatle.
The holdings are insured for around $8 million, but the value of many of the props is difficult to nail down because of the premium that many memorabilia collectors will likely pay for the better-known items.
Now, NBC/Universal is going to sell it in a "live" auction along with a slew of other props from the show.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.