from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various nonvenomous snakes of the family Pythonidae, found chiefly in Asia, Africa, and Australia, that coil around and suffocate their prey. Pythons often attain lengths of 6 meters (20 feet) or more.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of large constricting snake.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any species of very large snakes of the genus Python, and allied genera, of the family Pythonidæ. They are nearly allied to the boas. Called also rock snake.
- n. A diviner by spirits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In classical antiquities and in the New Testament, a soothsaying spirit or demon; hence, also, a person possessed by such a spirit; especially, a ventriloquist.
- n. [lowercase] Any very large serpent, as a rock-snake: loosely used, like boa and anaconda, but properly applicable only to the large Old World non-venomous serpents of the family Pythonidæ.
- n. The typical genus of Pythonidæ: formerly conterminous with the family, now restricted to species having premaxillary teeth, labial plates of both jaws fossate, and scuta extending to between the orbits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) dragon killed by Apollo at Delphi
- n. large Old World boas
- n. a soothsaying spirit or a person who is possessed by such a spirit
However, all this is void unless you also enable threads by calling g_thread_init () (or whatever this is in python) early in your app.
As a college professor who teaches students that have never seen programming before, python is a great language.
So the project has the snippets in python-snippets and Acire as a desktop frontend.
A Burmese python is coiled around the arm of hunter Michael Cole during a news conference Monday, Feb. 22.
Wrangled a 16 'python from a wooden crate into a big duffle bag then sat and watched TV that night with a 7 foot boa on my back.
Those findings add to concerns that the African rock python is a new breeding population in the Everglades and not just the result of a few overgrown pets being released into the wild, according to the South Florida Water Management District.
My CS son, age 16, has been bugging the people I work with to give him a “climate change” or “fuel balance” model (2 different ideas) that he could make into a video game in python or Java.
I mean, you can only create anonymous functions in python that have exactly 1 expression in the body?
One man's solution -- we'll introduce you to the one they call the python hunter down in Florida when 360 continues.
That combined with liberal doses of unittest, pychecker and code coverage eliminates most non-algorithmic issues that might appear in python code ...
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.