from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of four parts or members.
- adj. Four times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.
- adj. Music Having four beats to the measure.
- n. A fourfold amount or number.
- transitive v. To multiply or be multiplied by four: quadrupled the order; quadrupled in size.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being four times as long, as big or as many of something.
- v. To multiply something by four times.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fourfold
- n. four times the sum or number; a fourfold amount.
- intransitive v. To be multiplied by four; to increase fourfold; to become four times as much.
- transitive v. To multiply by four; to increase fourfold; to double; to double twice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fourfold; four times told.
- n. A number, sum, etc., four times as great as that taken as the standard: as, to receive the quadruple of a given sum.
- To make four times as much or as many; multiply by four; repeat four times; make, do, or cause to happen four times over.
- To become four times as much or as many; repeat itself four times.
- Consisting of four parts; completed in four separate or successive operations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. increase fourfold
- adj. having four units or components
- n. a quantity that is four times as great as another
- n. a set of four similar things considered as a unit
- adj. four times as great or many
She loves to enjoy what she calls a quadruple draught.
Citizen Holdings gained 0.2% on a Nikkei report that the watch maker's April-September group operating profit was expected to quadruple from a year earlier to around seven billion yen ($84.3 million).
Huckabee granted clemency to suspect in quadruple ...
Matt Hughes, Wyatt Allen, J. Sloan DuRoss and Sam Stitt rowed to bronze in quadruple sculls, which had no heats or semifinals.
Fifth in quadruple sculls at 2001 World Championships.
What do you call a quadruple amputee in the hot tub?
What do you call a quadruple amputee on the floor?
Scott's REIT's properties are well-located and geographically diverse across Canada and nearly all properties are long-term quadruple net leases.
"But by what I have heard since I came home, his patience is -- as she says by her own with reference to the white 'quadruple' -- well nigh exhausted."
This was not surprising considering it is a day known as quadruple witching, which signifies the concurrent expiration of stock index futures, stock index options, stock options and single stock futures.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.