from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A note having one-fourth the time value of a whole note. Also called crotchet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A musical note one beat long in 4/4 time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a note equal in duration to half a minim or a fourth of semibreve; a crochet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In musical notation, a note equivalent in time-value to one half of a half-note; a crotchet: marked by the sign or . Also quarter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a musical note having the time value of a quarter of a whole note
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.