from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A technique of bowing in which the bow is made to bounce slightly from the string.
- adj. Of or employing spiccato.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. detached; separated; with every note performed in a distinct and pointed manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Detached; separated; -- a term indicating that every note is to be performed in a distinct and pointed manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In music, same as picchetato.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bowing in such a way that the bow bounces lightly off the strings
Italian, past participle of spiccare, to separate : s-, from; see sfumato + piccare, to pierce, impale (from Vulgar Latin *piccāre; see pick1).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Italian, past participle of spicare to detach, to separate. (Wiktionary)